After reading this article you will know:
- What the web module is
- What it is used for in your application
- Which functionalities and features it contains
Besides the back-office module in which you can build any process, the Betty Blocks platform also has a web module in which you can add a fully customizable front-end to your back-end. Web users of your applications will see these web pages to view and interact with your application. Data shown or created in your web pages is stored in the data model.You can access the web module with the module switcher
Switching to the webmodule
What is the web module used for?
The web module is the place where you can create/manage web pages for the front-end of your application. Web pages are often built for the public usage of your application. A web user will only view and interact with the created web pages. Some examples are customer portals or websites. The entire front-end of your application is created with multiple web pages. Every web page uses a Http method to either GET or POST new data into the application’s data model. Web pages are made by custom HTML or with our (WYSIWYG) UI Builder page editor.
What do I have in the web module?
In the web module you will have the following features and functionalities to build your web pages with:
- UI Builder page editor. Create web pages visually.
- Reusable web pages or parts. Create templates for the layout of your pages or partials as reusable pieces of html (e.g. your menu or sidebar)
- Choose between different HTTP methods. To retrieve or to create data in the application.
- Custom HTML possibilities. This will give you the unlimited freedom in creating web pages. Use our template language Liquid to create dynamic content to your web pages.