After you have seen this HowTo video and read this article you will know at which place properties are created and how to create them:
- Click on 'datamodel' in the Builder Menu left.
- Click on a model to which you would to add new properties.
- Click on the subview 'Properties' on the right.
- Notice that each model automatically starts with 3 predefined properties: Created at, Updated at, and Id. The 2 date/time items are used for time-stamping and id is the identifier for every single record.
- Click on '+ New' to create a new property.
- Select the property type, depening to what kind of data that property holds.
- Name the property. The Label value will automatically set the same as Name. You can overwrite the Label value, without changing Name. The difference between these two is that Name is inserted into the database of your app and Label is only used for your interfaces as columns or form components.
- Set the right property settings. Check here our Property References to complete the right settings.
- All ready? Click on 'Save' and your property is created.
You can also use expression properties in your datamodel. Learn about what these are here, or learn how to create these here.